Stalin bust to be taken down temporarily but will remain at Bedford's National D-Day Memorial
Rahvusvahelised uudised | 04 Oct 2010  | EWR OnlineEWR
  FB   Tweet   Trüki    Comment   E-post
Rex Bowman | The Roanoke Times
BEDFORD -- A bust of Soviet dictator Josef Stalin will be taken down temporarily but it will remain at the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford despite widespread opposition, memorial President Robin Reed announced Tuesday. But he said the bust and several others are being taken down until a better spot can be found for them at the memorial.

The decision, which Reed said he and the memorial's governing board reached earlier this month after weeks of discussion, is unlikely to mollify veterans and others who have protested the Stalin bust since it went up in June. Opponents of the bust say it honors the brutal dictator.

Continue reading here:
http://www.roanoke.com/news/br...
Advertisement / Reklaam
Advertisement / Reklaam
 
  FB   Tweet   Trüki    Comment   E-post
Rahvusvahelised uudised
Advertisement / Reklaam
Advertisement / Reklaam
SÜNDMUSED LÄHIAJAL
Apr 10 2025 - Toronto
Vilma Vitols: How to make an opera

Vaata veel ...

Lisa uus sündmus

Advertisement / Reklaam
Advertisement / Reklaam
Advertisement / Reklaam
Advertisement / Reklaam
Advertisement / Reklaam
Advertisement / Reklaam
Advertisement / Reklaam
Advertisement / Reklaam